Saturday, September 20, 2008

What's in a name?

I was sitting at the computer tonight looking up the meaning of different baby names. One of our top choices WAS Mallory, until I found out it means ill-omened. I try not to be too superstitious, but since she will be the 13th grandchild in Jon's family, we're still name searching!

I then decided to look up the meaning of my name and was quite elated when I found out Cheryl means "beloved". My head started inflating as I started to tell Jon how wonderful my name was, even though it is mostly held by women over the age of 50. I then looked up his name. Yea, I got knocked off my high-horse real quick as Jon started dancing around the room with glee.

Jonathan means "God's Gift".

10 comments:

Nancy in Utah said...

I am laughing so hard! Well, I still like the name Mallory if you choose that one. At least she wouldn't be named after her parent's horse like I was!

Melanie said...

What happened to Sabrina? My name means "darkness"

Gardner Family said...

I seriously just laughed out loud....

PS - My name(Leah)means "weary". I am so the opposite of "weary" people!

Gardner Family said...

PSS But in Hawaiian I have been told that Leah means "princess of the canoe makers"....so I've got that going for me. ;)

Aim said...

hahahahaha! thats funny!

you've been tagged!

Larry said...

By the way...Tori was very happy to find out you were expecting...she was happy to give up the 13th grandchild designation!
As for Grandma and I...the 13th grandchild will be the best 13th grandchild we have ever had!!

A word of advice...don't look up the meaning of the number 13!! :-)

Mrs. Nick Jonas said...

im sure what you name her it would be cute!!!love savannah!!i added new stuff on my blog!!

Gallegos Family said...

AAHHHH-hahaha! Thats hilarious! Camille (temple maiden)

Roz said...

I just think Jezebelle and Bathsheba should be ruled out as well. For many reasons our Granddaughters go without a name, for several days, until Danielle and Joseph can get the name right in their hearts... We think this one might be Clara...I liked Charlotte, and Savanah, 2 of the other choices, but it looks like Clara is the front runner.Check out the pics on our blog ...love you guys, Aunt Roz...ps, we're super excited for you guys!

Roz said...

ps, Rosalyn means "little flower" in Spanish