Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Temper Tantrums

My neighbor and I were talking today about how fast our kids were growing up, yada yada, and also about their changing "behavior". It reminded me of a funny story from a few weeks ago so I thought I would share.

Brady and I were at Wal Mart picking up a few things. He HATES to sit in shopping carts as he would rather turn the store into his own personal maze and run up and down aisles. When Jon is with me it is manageable, as one of us shops while the other one chases. (Can you tell we only have ONE kid??) Well, on this particular trip I was alone and I let Brady stand beside me while I made the life altering decision of what type of shampoo to buy. In the meantime, Brady gravitated to the nasty broom fixed onto one of those pillars.....not a new broom, but one of the store maintenance ones. He proceeded to start pushing it around. So I think, "whatever, he's happy". But then it was time to go and Mr. Janitor FLIPPED OUT when I tried to take the broom away. He started screaming, kicking his legs, and basically went into complete body convulsions as I tried to gather him up. I always told myself that MY kids would be well behaved and I would never be one of those moms carrying their kids out of the store screaming without buying anything. Well my friends, that was me. Cart in one hand, screaming convulsing child in the other. It was so bad I could no longer push the cart and control him, plus there was a long line, and we ended up just leaving without our precious toiletries!!

P.S. His hands were throughly disinfected with hand sanitizer and baby wipes once we got into the car!

6 comments:

Mrs. Nick Jonas said...

that was funny!!I love brady so much!!I love and miss you all hope to see you soon!!!!
love, savannah

Anonymous said...

Picturing that makes me laugh out loud! Thought that, been there, done that.

Shawn and Tori said...

But how can you get mad when he is so freaking cute! I don't know how you mom's do it. I don't know how to be stern when they pout or look so pathetic crying!

denos5 said...

We all said we would have kids that don't do that. Wait till you have more.

Aim said...

aaaahahahahaha! Im so glad to be back in the blogging world if just for that story alone! haha! i cant tell you how many times i told myself i would never be one of those moms in various different scenarios however....i AM that mother, all the time it seems. haha. i just have to laugh at myself for the mind i used to have rather than be sad for the way I handle things right now.

love you too!
love amie

Larry said...

LoL! Shopping is overrated! Next time get down there and push the broom with him! He will hate it and you can stand in line in peace!Worked with Jon!