
I would just like to say that I am so honored to be considered for the 2007 Mother of the Year award. Being a mom of less than a year, I wasn't even going to enter the competition this year, but I think that my actions last night may have put me in the running!
We live in a place that was built in the 1940's, if not earlier. I'm pretty sure the windows are original, because they are the kind that you have to crank out. Basically, these windows have seen better days and in order to lock the ones in the living room at night, one person has to stand outside and push on the window to close it all the way, while the person on the inside locks it. So last night I was the outside person and I didn't shut the screen door behind me. Along comes Mr. Brady and Ranger and they peek their head out the door. Jon quickly tells me to shut the screen door, but I ignored him because usually they just stay there. Ranger did. Brady decided to lunge out and face planted on the step. So I pick him up, he cries for about 10 seconds and then he is fine and playing toys again. A few minutes later I realize there is blood on the shoulder of my shirt. I look at Brady, and discover that he has blood on his face from his cut lip that has now turned into a fat lip as a result of his face plant! Don't worry, things look better this morning and Brady has since forgiven me :) I think I will start listening to Jon more....
5 comments:
poor brady-boo! I couldn't see any evidence of a fat lip today either.
ahhh! those camping pictures make me miss you and cali soooooooo bad! You are so spoiled to live there! I love the fact that you forgot the can opener by the way! hahahah! I have totally pulled that one...more than once. The can ends up looking like it was stuffed with TNT afterwards but, however you get that goodness in you, right?
And by the way, you beat me to the punch. After you left that first comment on my page about work stuff I was going to write back and say "I WANT GHETTO SEARS STORY!" hahahaahhhhh, the good ol days.
Thanks for the comments! love the pics!
love amie
ps- when are we gonna get Melanie in the blogging world? For someone who knows so much about internet stuff I'm surpised she doesn't have one!
Blood!? How could you do that to such a nice little boy!? Well...boys will be boys! Good job MOM! Get ready for more to come!!!
I am sure Melanie and I have won that award three times over at least. It is a miracle that our children actual survive their young age.
Post a Comment